Massage Therapy is a safe and effective treatment which benefits people of all ages and conditions.
The following are some of the beneficial results that you can receive from massage treatments;
• Improve circulation Increase blood circulation and the flow of tissue fluid (lymph)
• Improve lymphatic drainage
• Help breathing Stimulate breathing Assist the flow of nutrients & oxygen to tissues
• Lower the heart and pulse rate
• Detoxify the body systems Hasten excretion or waste products
• Assist weight loss
• Nourish the skin (with the right oils) Promote nourishment, repair and renewal of body cells
• Assist in removal of deposits of tissue
• Stimulate activity in skin and its glands
• Improve muscle tone Induce muscle tone
• Soothe and relax nerves
• Relieve Stress
• Release emotional tension
• Relieve pain in certain conditions
• Relax mind and body deeply
• Give pleasure
• Create a feeling of well-being.
Massage Therapy helps relaxation, releasing stress and tension in our bodies.
Too much unresolved stress in our lives can cause constant muscular tension. This tension or tightness reduces the flow of blood and oxygen to the muscles and organs and also restricts nerve & lymph supply. Tension creates a tendency for a build up of toxins in the body, and reduces the flow of the more subtle energy or life force (Prana or Chi). Tension can lead to symptomatic feelings of fatigue, heaviness, aches and pains, tightness of muscles and stiffness. Muscular stress can increase the likelihood of strains and injuries. Muscular stress also distorts the skeletal structure which further compounds existing problems and creates new ones.
Each and every massage at the Kyoku clinic is tailored to the individual and we take care to assess each of our client's needs. We will make suggestions of the most suitable treatment for you. Such as;
• Muscular Rehabilitation after injury or post surgery
• Total relaxation
• Chinese Cupping